Withdrawal From a Course

The last day to withdraw from a course is published in the University Calendar. Withdrawals are not permitted later than 4 weeks prior to the end of the semester, including the final examination period. A student may withdraw from a course up to 8 weeks after the first day of instruction and receive a grade of “W” (withdrawal). Seniors, juniors, sophomores and graduate students without registration holds complete course withdrawals on BisonWeb. Freshmen and students withholds that prevent registration will need to complete a Change of Program form and obtain a signature from your academic advisor. Please see your academic department for this form. Change of Program Forms may be obtained from the Office of the Academic Dean of each school/college.

Mere absence from class does not constitute withdrawal. A properly executed Change of Program Form, Total Withdrawal Form or BisonWeb process must be used to effectuate all drops, withdrawals, adds, section changes, or course enrollment status changes. Students will receive a failing grade for courses in which they discontinue attendance without completing the required withdrawal process.